Notes - 2014 Shoots

December 31, 2013  •  Leave a Comment

    Windrose, a Humpback Whale, tail-lobbing, off Race Point.Windrose, a Humpback Whale, tail-lobbing, off Race Point.

Windrose, a humpbacked Whale, tail-lobbing off of Race Point, Cape Cod MA.

Available (click here)

Get Out And Shoot, for 2014! EDITED JAN 1, 2015

I need to really make more of an effort to get out and shoot!
So, for 2014, I am making a list of a few things I need to shoot. Will I get to them all? Doubtful... but I know, if I don't make the time I won't get to any! As the great photographer Wayne Gretsky says, "You always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" 

 

Make Time To Shoot

I definitely need to make time to shoot more long-exposure waterfalls. No excuses. I need to get out and shoot more. Here's my list of places to shoot, wildlife to shoot, Cape Cod Lighthouses, more species, and more wish-list places to shoot.

 

Some Notes for 2014 Shoots

Some notes for my goals 2014 shoots. Some realistic, some "aim for the moon"

Around MA

Wayside Inn Grist Mill.  Sudbury, Massachusetts.

Shelburne Falls

More waterfalls, Success: Misc waterfalls around MA

Monomoy

Chatham

Plum Island

Gloucester

New Bedford

Marshfield

Around New England

Steps Falls, Newry Maine

Bridal Veil Falls, Franconia NH

Falls On the Falling Waters Trails, Lincoln and Franconia NH

Campbell Falls, New Marlborough MA

Day Pond Falls, CT

Moss Glenn Falls, Granville VT

Moss Glenn Falls, Stowe VT

 

Cape Cod Lighthouses

Nauset Light Success: Winter at Nauset Light

Chatham Light Success: Winter at Chatham Light

Monomoy Light

Nobska Point Light

Sandy Neck Light

 

Wildlife

Whales, Humpback, Right, Fin Back

Sharks at Truro, Chatham

Seals at Truro or Chatham

Snowy Owl Top 2014 Success: Winter at West Dennis Beach, Snowy Owl
 

Oregon

Thor's Well in Cape Perpetua

Arizona

The Grand Canyon

Antarctica

Penguins, Seals, Whales, Ice, Panoramas

Galapagos Islands 

birds, turtles, mammals

Alaska

Glaciers, Whales, Ice

France

Beaches and US Cemetery at Normandy

Australian Outback

Sunsets, Rock, Deserts, Panoramas

 

20/80 Rule in Business Success in 2014: better at Marketing, better at Showing and Selling. I need much more training, and more time spent working at developing my art and craft

In the Photography business, 20% of the business time is spent on photography. The other 80% is Business. Marketing, Sales, Office, Calls, meetings, repairs, cleaning, training, seminars, conferences, travel... you know Mundane tasks that make you successful.


Here are my 2014 Goals for Success in the other 80% of the business!
http://www.bluefinstudios.com/blog/2014/1/business---making-photography-more-successful-in-2014


Comments